Tomato & Basil Soup
Fresh tomatoes are out in abundance, I have been very lucky to have quite a few friends who grow their own. This cooler weather has most definitely been nudging me back towards soups. I had some fresh basil in the garden mainly down to the weather thankfully, some years I am not so lucky. Therefore I had the two most important ingredients to make this delicious Summer soup.
- Add the tomatoes to a roasting tray and prick each tomato, so that the skin bursts.
- Add the onion/leek and garlic.
- Sprinkle over some salt & oil of choice.
- Roast the vegetables until soft.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the vitamix or high speed blender, along with some water. Boiling is optional (my lid never really fits on and I am worried about it flying off and scolding me so I tend to use room temperature).
- Add 1 tsp. of bouillon.
- Add the basil.
- Whizz until smooth.