Super Quick Pesto
Once upon a time I could say "I have overlooked making this" not any more!!
This recipe is a big staple in my recipe repertoire I use it on a weekly basis! It is dairy free, gluten free, sugar free and just totally naturally healthy. I make it as and when I need it and any left over I pop it into a glass jar to use up in the week.
Food processor/ high speed blender
- In a food processor add the basil, put on a low speed to chop the basil up finely for a couple of minutes.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, ground almonds and lemon juice and continue to mix.
- Turn the food processor off and using a wooden spoon or spatular push any of the mixture down from the sides to ensure that it is all blended well together.
- The mixture should be reasonably thick but able to pour, add a little more olive oil if necessary and continue to blend.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or reuse a glass jar.