Roasted Broccoli Sumac Soup
As steamed broccoli can get boring try this delicious & easy roasted broccoli soup with a generous sprinkling of sumac. I like to use Sumac for this red berry is high in antioxidants with a zesty flavour. Roast all the vegetables in the oven on a low heat until soft and caught a little round the edges. I added watercress for it quite simply is the best green to eat for a wealth of nutrients but also for its deep slightly peppery taste. Also I am a huge fan of basil and to up the beta-carotenoids in this soup I put a few leaves in, this also pairs very nicely with sumac. Then simply add boiled water and blend. This can be either blended in a high speed blender for a smooth creamy texture or with a hand-held blender until smooth.
- Chop veg, add to baking tray.
- Drizzle olive oil or coconut oil over the top.
- Sprinkle over the sumac, salt & pepper.
- Place in the oven to roast for 30 mins, until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove from the oven and place either into a high speed blender or saucepan.
- Add the bouillon into the water, mix and then add this to the vegetables.
- Add the optional watercress & basil.
- Blend until smooth, add more water if necessary and check for seasoning.
- Add more sumac, salt or pepper if needed.