This fool is great for breakfast, snack and most definitely a light delicious dessert.
This rhubarb fool is a real delight and can move with the seasons for it soon became the cherry, damson and gooseberry fool- it works incredibly well with seasonal fruit… so be sure to try it with local seasonal fruit hence the name of fruity fool, plain natural yoghurt and a few nutritional extras.
So with out further ado… we now introduce to you the rhubarb version of the fruity fool.
- Add the chopped rhubarb and one tablespoon of xylitol to a saucepan cook over a medium heat.
- When it starts to bubble turn the rhubarb down, add another tablespoon of xylitol and simmer for 5minutes.
- Check for taste, should be sweet with a little kick of sharpness, if too sharp add another tablespoon of xylitol and simmer for another couple of minutes.
- Once the rhubarb has stewed it should look at little jam, in a smooth consistency.
- Take the rhubarb off the heat.
- In a bowl add the ground almonds, mixed seeds, coconut (optional) and cinnamon, give it a good mix. Optional to add 1 teaspoon of xylitol to this.
- In a bowl layer this dessert: first layer (1 tablespoon) yoghurt/ coconut cream, second rhubarb, third almond & seed topping- you can repeat this again, quite effective when serving in a glass. Enjoy.