Pumpkin Chips with Tahini Mayo
I soon found myself making this recipe, as not only is it easy to make but it tastes incredible too.
I do love a bit of butternut squash or pumpkin when it is available and luckily enough pumpkins are most certainly available right now in late October. I do find pumpkins and squashes quite hard to cut, so as I roughly chopped the pumpkin into strips this involved the least amount of chopping as necessary and the perfect naturally healthy pumpkin chip for dinner. All I needed to do now was to come up with a sauce. Well it really was a no-brainer, creams tahini mayo.
Preheat the oven to 200’c
- Start by adding the pumpkin chips and chopped vegetables to a roasting tray.
- Add the coconut oil or rapeseed oil, salt and pepper, give a good mix.
- Place the tray in the oven and cook for 30-40minutes, check half way to turn and mix.
- Whilst the pumpkin chips and veg are cooking, make the tahini mayo.
- In a bowl add the tahini, water and squeeze the lemon juice in.
- Give it a good mix, the mixture should be quite runny, add more water if necessary and lemon juice to sharpen. It should be creamy with a little zing.
- Once the pumpkin chips and vegetables are cooked, remove from the oven and place on plate. Drizzle the tahini mayo over the top and enjoy!