Pumpkin Carrot & Coriander Soup
This soup glows with nutritional goodness and you eat with the seasons for it prizes Autumnal vegetables at their best. I call this one my sunshine soup bowl.
- Prepare all the vegetables, leave the skin on the pumpkin/squash as once cooked this will blend down to smooth consistency.
- In a large saucepan melt the coconut oil over a medium heat.
- Add the leek, celery & courgette and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and ginger, cook for a few minutes.
- Add the pumpkin & carrot saute for a few minutes.
- Boil a kettle and measure out 1 litre of water, add 1 tsp. vegan bouillon, mix and pour to cover the vegetables, if vegetables quite bunched together add a little more water*.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20mins until the carrots are soft.
- Blend with a hand-held blender or high speed blender until smooth.
- Chop fresh coriander and add a generous handful to each soup bowl before serving.
- Keep refrigerated, will last 3-4 days in the fridge in an airtight container, or freeze once cooled.
*NB can always add a little water once blended together at the end if too thick.