Orange, Cinnamon & Vanilla Slices
Prepare yourself for a taste explosion, using only the fruit’s natural sugar a dusting of cinnamon and a drizzle (or dusting) of vanilla too. This tasted delicious chilled and can easily be stored in the fridge for a few days. Also give time for the cinnamon & vanilla to infuse with the orange, from 10 mins to overnight. I personally found that I enjoyed this as a sweet treat in between my meals following the ayurvedic principles of eating fruit away from other food. I found I was able to easily digest, not feel bloated and it opened up my tastebuds. The juicy explosion of the orange slice meeting the sweetness from the cinnamon with a note of vanilla at the end made this treat hugely enjoyable.
- Slice the orange peel off the bottom and top, then place on a flat end.
- Follow the shape of the orange with the knife and slice off the peel (don’t worry if you take a little flesh with it)
- Then slice into discs about half a centimetre thick.
- Place on a plate or in a dish, sprinkle with cinnamon & vanilla.
- Allow to infuse for a few minutes.