Mulled Spice Syrup
What if you could have that mulled spice taste with any drink you wanted? Generally, the only options are alcohol based mulled wines or ciders, many of which are fairly high in sugar too.
If you’re looking for a toasty, non-alcoholic, low sugar alternative to enjoy at Christmas, this mulled spice syrup really opens up the options! It can be added to any drinks; to create mulled spirits, festive detox drinks or a warm spiced green tea.
Make it in advance, keep in the fridge and spice up those Christmas drinks. We’ll leave it up to you to decide on your favourite.
- Pour the water into a saucepan, over a low heat
- Add half the sugar
- Gently stir until most of the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the remainder of the sugar, continue to stir until dissolved and keep the heat low.
- Add the spices and optional ingredients.
- Once all sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Either pour into a jar or glass bottle and keep refrigerated to then filter later or alternatively, you can filter before pouring into jars to keep in the fridge.