I nearly ate all of what I had made but what I saved I put it in a jar and found plenty of uses for it!
Coconut butter tastes amazing, found myself wanting more of this naturally sweet, buttery taste. There are so many uses for this nut butter and you can add lots of flavours to it too, like raw cacao powder will make a yummy chocolate spread. I made coconut butter in a food processor or high speed blender. Are you ready as this is quick recipe?
- Preheat oven to 160’c
- Spread the shredded coconut on a baking tray into one layer.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Alternatively buy toasted coconut flakes and just add straight to blender.
- Once toasted add the coconut into a blender on medium speed and patiently wait for it to turn into coconut butter. Depending on the blender this could take between 5 to 15 minutes, you may need to scrape the mixture down from the sides too.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a month.