Cauliflower Lemon Soup
I came across a similar soup working with a lovely inventive cook. Her version of this soup was based upon the Greek lemon rice soup with egg in it too, a refreshing soup reminded her of her holidays to Greece. I adapted the recipe slightly swapping the rice for cauliflower and removing the egg and I would say that soup is perfect to make you feel great as we finally transition from Winter into Spring.
- Chop the onion, celery, carrots & garlic and add these into a saucepan, cook these down for 5-10mins until soft.
- Add the cauliflower and sauté this with the oregano (mixed herbs) & a tbsp. of lemon juice, cook another 5-10 mins.
- Add the bouillon to the boiled water mix and add to the vegetables. Add the remaining lemon juice.
- Cook for 15 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Blend either in a high speed blender or with a hand held blender.
- Check for seasoning. If too much lemon juice add a spoonful of cashew nut butter or tahini mixed with a little water, this will help to reduce the sharpness for your tastebuds. If not enough add more!